New version of correo.uv.es portal!
Introducing the new version of our portal and classic e-mail interface: Postman v3.0.
Giving that many of our webmail users still prefer the simplicity of the classic interface over the advanced one, we have devoted considerable effort to improve the former.
As of today, these are the changes and developments you will find in the new version (this is not a exhaustive list!):
- New welcome screen, more useful, readable and consistent with the overall style of the university new website.
- Faster Home screen. This will be noted mainly by users with very large "INBOX" mailboxes.
- Rewritten mailbox message search mechanism. Now truly useful: After a search it displays only the messages found. This was something long awaited by our users and a essential feature today, given the large size attained by the mailboxes.
- Full UTF8 support!. You can compose, send and receive messages using any alphabet (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Burmese, ...) and not only European characters. Now Postman correctly decodes and displays messages generated by programs set to UTF8 by default (MacMail).
- All the "skins" or styles has been revised to give them a more pleasing feel. We have tried to maintain the overall appearance of each style, although this were not always possible.
- Added a new style ("brown").
- Postman no longer aborts when attempting to send a message without text.
- When returning to index after displaying a message, the message is shown underlined.
- Comfort: The header buttons do not longer move laterally when changing the message or index page.
- Internally: full restructuring, to separate the presentation layer from the main body of the application.