1.How is the awarding of the Sicue place made?
The selection will be made considering:
- The fulfilment of the requirements of the Sicue exchange. The student, who does not fulfil the necessary requirements, will be excluded.
- The average of the marks established according to the R.D. 1125/2003
In this call you don’t have to present the proof report.
To calculate the average of the marks, according to the criteria established in the official call of the Sicue programme, will be considered the marks obtained until the 30th of September of 2012, included the marks of the failed subjects. Will be taken into account the qualification gotten in the last announcement, except for the subjects in which the qualification is NOT PRESENTED, which will not be considered for the middle mark.
2.They give me the Sicue mobility in the provisional list, what do I do?
Until the final publication this awarding is not the definite one (in that date will be published the final list of the places). The provisional lists are published in order to rectify possible errors.
Once you have checked you have gotten a place in the final list, you must contact your coordinator to process the documents you have to send to the host university.
3.Who is my coordinator?
There is an academic coordinator for each Degree. You can find your coordinator in the List of Coordinators.
4. Which destinations may I choose according to my Degree?
5. Can I enrol into subjects of the new plan (Grado) if I am a student of an old academic system (as Licenciatura o Diplomatura)?
In the academic year 2013/2014, several universities will be in a period of transition between old and new degrees caused by the implantation of the European Programme for Higher Education. This is why students must be sure that they can enrol into the subjects they have chosen, according to their syllabus, in the host university.
6. Do I have to provide my previous transcript of records?
No, except for the students of a 2nd cycle Degree who have applied for it from another Degree, or the students who come from another university, in which case they have to upload a copy of their academic records of the 1st cycle or of the other university through the Portal de l’alumne webpage
7. Is the Sicue mobility exchange complemented by a grant support?
Usually the Sicue programme was complemented by the Séneca grant given by the Ministry of Education. For the 2013/14 call, the Ministry of Education has announced that there will be no Séneca grant.
8. If I accept the Sicue exchange, what documents do I have to present to the International Relations Office?
Students have to present the documents they will find in our web page, Sicue-Séneca Programme, in the “Useful documents” section.
9. What do I have to do in order to have recognized my academic file at my return?
To have recognized the credits in your academic record you must draw up a Learning Agreement with your coordinator and he/she has to authorize it through his/her signature. Every modification must follow this procedure and has to be approved by the coordinator. At the host university, the student cannot get enrolled into a subject that was not passed previously at the home university.
10. Is there a maximum or a minimum of credits number?
Yes, according to the regulation of the Sicue programme the stay in the host university will last 5 or 9 months.
9 months to study for a minimum of 45 credit points (in the new or renewed degree)
5 months to study for a minimum of 24 credit points (in new or renewed degree)
In the case that the student has left less than the minimum required number of credit points, in order to finish his/her degree, the applicant can apply for the exchange if he or she fulfils the other requirements.
11. Can I change my mobility period, to enlarge (extend) or to reduce my stay?
According to the directives of the CRUE (Conference of the Spanish Universities Rectors), which is the organism that elaborates the regulations of the Sicue mobility Programme, as general criterion is not allowed to reduce or to enlarge the Sicue stay conceded by the definite resolution. Just in special cases, such as illness or similar ones, it is possible to make a consult in the quoted institution, the CRUE.
12. If I have gotten a Sicue exchange and I cannot do the mobility, how can I renounce to it?
To renounce to it you have to present a written resignation through the General Registry or through an auxiliary one of the University of Valencia (each secretary works as auxiliary registry). There is a model of a Sicue resignation in our webpage. Remember that the no resignation of the exchange place is penalized.