1.Am I Sicue or Séneca? What is the difference?
Sicue is a student mobility programme among the Spanish universities, targeted at students from Spanish state universities. It is funded through the Seneca grants by The Ministry of Education. Among the students with a Sicue place, those who fulfil certain conditions (having been awarded a Sicue study place, having a minimum average mark, sufficient credits, etc.) can apply for the Seneca grant announced by the Ministry of Education. If the Ministry awards you the grant, you will be not only a Sicue student but also a recipient of the Seneca grant.
2. I have been awarded a study place at the Universitat de València. What do I have to do?
You can contact the UV coordinator or faculty to get information on the academic offer available. You will have to reach an agreement with the coordinator of your home university and have your learning agreement signed by him / her. After this, you can send the learning agreement to the UV or bring it with you when you arrive in Valencia.
3. How can I contact my UV coordinator to get information about academic issues?
You can find his / her e-mail address at:
4. What steps do I have to take during my exchange period at the UV?
Please check the following link:
5. How do I get my transcript of records?
Your transcript of records is issued by the “secretaría” (Secretary’s Office) of your UV faculty and sent directly to your home university.
6. If I receive the Seneca grant in addition to the Sicue exchange place, what do I have to do?
You need to bring us the documents which you can find on the following section of our webpage:
7. When will I receive the first payment if I am a Seneca recipient?
Usually, the first month is paid with a delay, together with the second month. Therefore, you will probably receive the first two months on 1st December. From then on, you will get each month the monthly payment granted to you by the Ministry.
8. What do I have to do at the end of my exchange period if I am a Seneca recipient?
You need to visit the International Relations Office and bring the final forms according to the “Cuaderno del Becario”.