The International Relations and Cooperation Service manages exchange programmes with foreign and national universities. In addition, it promotes international cooperation and co-development.
The main tasks developed by the International Relations and Cooperation Service are:
- To increase the internationalisation of the University of Valencia.
- To promote participation of the university community in exchange programmes, and facilitate integration of foreign students.
- To coordinate immersion courses in Spanish language and culture to groups of North American students.
- To promote participation of the University of Valencia in international networks and institutions.
- To offer support to the Confucius Institute.
- To oversee cooperation and development projects at the University of Valencia and in calls by other institutions such as the Valencian Government, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (MAEC) or the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AEIC).
- Manage calls for grants and financial support that the University of Valencia 0.7 Commission approves each year. This entity manages the application of 0.7% of the institute’s budget for cooperation and development.