The Valencian Ministry of Education, Training and Employment offers a series of scholarships to help, upon request, university students at public institutions to meet tuition expenses. Financial circumstances and academic merit are to be taken into account, and this support is subject to coordination with the general system of study scholarships.
Text of the public call
ORDER 8/2011,of 3 August, of the Valencian Ministry of Education, Training and Employment providing scholarships for university studies to be awarded for the 2011-2012 academic year at universities in the Valencian Community.
- You must meet the requirements set forth in Section 1, Article 4 of the Royal Decree 1721/2007, of 21 December, establishing a system of scholarships and other types of financial support (BOE No. 15, 17/01/2008). For this purpose, work requirements in Spain shall apply to both EU and non-EU students for 2010. In accordance with Law 4/2000, of January and amended by Organic Law 8/2000, of 22 December on the rights and responsibilities of foreigners in Spain and their social integration, non-EU community students must provide proof of their residence status. Those who have a study permit are excluded from this scholarship.
- You must prove administrative residency in any municipality in the Valencian Community.
- You must be pursuing studies leading to official university degrees in Valencian universities or affiliated centres (point 1 of this Order)
- You are not eligible if you already have a degree or do not meet the legal requirements to obtain a degree at the same or higher level as the scholarship or financial support you request.
- You must meet the financial and academic requirements set forth in this Order.
Eligible study programmes
Scholarships can be requested in these study programmes:
- Those leading to obtaining a university degree.
- Those leading to obtaining an undergraduate degree, engineering degree, architecture degree, diplomado (3-year degree), maestro (3-year teaching degree), 3-year technical engineering degree, 3-year architecture degree.
- Those leading to obtaining an official Master’s degree.
- Additional training courses to access Master’s degrees, undergraduate degrees, or to pursue licenciatura degrees.
Not included in this call are exemptions or financial support for PhD studies, specialisation studies or studies leading to a university-specific degree.
Nature and amount of the scholarships
- For public university students, the scholarship shall cover the tuition and university academic services fees for the 2011-2012 academic year, which would have been paid for by the recipient.
- For public university students this scholarship shall pay for tuition fees. The amount of this scholarship shall not exceed, for the studies listed in point 1 of this Order, the cost of tuition and academic service fees set forth for the same degree or study programme in public universities in the Valencian Community. In the case of students enrolled in the studies listed in point 1, Section a) of the first Article of the Order, the amount shall be 19 euros per enrolled credit hour, subject to the first transitional provision of this Order.
- Excluded from the amount of the scholarship are fee waivers and deductions that the recipient is entitled to.
- Tuition fee waivers and financial support shall only cover the enrolled subjects or credit hours for the 2011/2012 academic year in one degree and specialty.
- In architecture and engineering studies, the scholarship shall not cover the credit fee if it is the fourth or subsequent enrolment; in other degrees the scholarship shall not cover the credit fee if it is the third or subsequent enrolment.
31 October 2011
You must fill in the application form available on the following websites:
Documents that need to be submitted with the application:
- Proof that you meet some of the requirements which entitle you to family income deductions, in accordance with the seventh Article of this Order.
- Proof of family and financial independence, if applicable.
Consulta del expediente de beca