Fees are set each year by the Valencian government according to:
- the number of credits
- the nature of the degree subjects
- other administrative fees (student ID card, setting up academic record, etc). When you register for individual subjects or for credit hours, the total tuition fee cannot be less than 300 euros. However, this minimum amount will not be applied if you have pending subjects or credits whose total amount does not exceed the minimum.
When you register for a subject for the second or subsequent time, there will be a price increase for each credit hour.
- 2nd enrolment: + 75%
- 3rd or subsequent enrolment: + 120%
The Council may annually modify the applicable increases in the case of second, third, and subsequent enrolments.
The exemptions and deductions are as follows:
Grants and Scholarships
You do not have to pay tuition fees until the grant or scholarship application has been denied. Once denied, payment must be made within 20 days. However, tuition fees can be charged if the academic requirements are not met.
Distinction with Honours in credits
If you are awarded distinction with honours in one or more subjects within your degree programme this will result in a tuition fee deduction equivalent to the cost of these subjects in the following academic year. If the courses are structured in credit hours, the deduction will be calculated as the same number of credits as the subject you were awarded distinction with honours.
Distinction with Honours in the 2nd course of the Spanish Bachillerato (the last year of upper secondary education)/Special Award Bachillerato
If you have been awarded Distinction with Honours in the overall evaluation of Bachillerato or with Special Award in Bachillerato you are fully exempt from paying tuition fees the first year.
Families with 3 or more children
If you are a member of a family with 3 or more children you can receive these tax benefits:
- Special category: Fully exempt from tuition fees.
- General category: 50% deduction
Victims of armed organisations and terrorist acts
Students who have been victims of terrorism, as well as their spouses (not legally separated) and children are fully exempt from tuition fees.
Students with disabilities
If a student has a disability rated as 33% or more, and equivalent disabilities, are fully exempt from tuition fees.
Payment terms and deadlines
You can make one full payment, or divide the payment into two ,or six, equal instalments, one made at enrolment and the second made during the last two weeks of January.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
- If direct debit is used for the first time or there has been some kind of modification, bank details need to be provided.
- As an exception, through banks that have a special arrangement with the University of Valencia, after showing the promissory note.
- Other methods that are established every year in the enrolment instructions.
If you wish to pay in instalments you must use direct debit.
Payment deadlines cannot be extended.
Consequences of non-payment
Failure to pay fees or meet the instalment payment deadlines shall result in cancellation of enrolment, without the right to a refund. In such cases, enrolment is automatically cancelled.
The student shall lose the qualifications that may have been earned that year.
When enrolment has been cancelled in the last two academic years due to non-payment, a requisite for readmission shall be payment of these prior fees.
Students who have paid the fees after the deadline or those who, having opted for direct debit, have not paid by the deadline and are at fault shall pay additional service fees that are established every year, in addition to bank interests, if any.