System Improvements in ViSta 5.5
When you Run ViSta you will see
Try the dynamic About ViSta information window, and
the Screen Saver.
- A new dynamic opening screen.
- That color has been added throughout.
- A welcome and help window based on a new text
- Improved Desktop and SpreadPlot layout.
You will also notice a new Help System which includes:
- Web Help based on extensive classroom notes.
- Help menu presenting various kinds of help.
- Menu Item Help for most menu items.
- About These Data menu item for all Datasets.
- Plot Help Buttons and Plot Help Menu Items for
- SpreadPlot Help for all SpreadPlots.
There are also improvements to the workmap:
- Icons and icon-trees can be deleted (finally!);
- Icons for graphics and reports;
- New data icons that visually cue the new data types;
- The tool bar has user-definable analysis buttons (and a new
- Object names can be edited
now has six data-types: Multivariate (including uni- and bi-variate);
Categorical; Classification; Frequency Tables; Two and Three-way
Matrices (N-way arrays under development), and missing data.
- The efficiency
of Data loading and of DataSheet operations has been greatly
improved, permitting much larger datafiles (100000 observations
on 100 variables is now practical, although visualization is
can be exported
data can include variable names and observation labels.
keys work with MS-Windows version
datatype conversions supported.
And there are Improvements
just for MS-Windows:
- PRINTING! Completely
standard printing is now supported!
Installation has been simplified and made more like a standard
windows application. The networked Windows NT installation should
be easier and more flexible.
- Window maximize/minimize
buttons work for MS-Windows.
- Default button
behavior improved in dialogs.
- Main window position
and size remembered between sessions.
- Cursor Keys sensed
and used in Datasheet.
As you use ViSta you will
see improvements in:
- Efficiency: The
efficiency of Data loading and of DataSheet operations have
been greatly improved, permitting much larger datafiles. As
many as 100000 data values is now practical, although visualization
- User Interface:
There are improvements in WorkMap icon layout, Desktop layout,
Datasheet positioning, sizing and formatting (now remembered
over sessions), and in Saving, exporting and importing data.
Developers have improved
- Debug menu for developers.
- Symbol Editor
- Simplified compiling
- Improved tracing
- Distribution maker.