New Visualizations in ViSta 5.5
- New SpreadPlots for univariate, bivariate, frequency,
classification and categorical data, and for univariate
and bivariate regression.
- Improvements: Nearly all previous spreadplots have
been improved, some with major modifications.
- New Features: Multiple spreadplots can be open
at once, for the same or for different model or data objects.
Closed spreadplots can be reopened to their previous state.
- New graphics: Frequency polygons, hollow histograms,
side-by-side and stacked bar graphs, parallel-coordinate
plots, and mosaic plots.
polygons, histograms and hollow histograms have frequency
or probability axis, dynamic binning, explicit bin mid-points
and better bin cut-points (thanks to Jan de Leeuw and
Jason Bond for implementing the basic algorithm).
- Bar graphs and Mosaic plots have dynamic bar or tile
highlighting, coloring based on deviations from expected
values, dynamic labeling and numeric presentationof
frequencies and deviations.
- Improved Graphs: Histograms, box-plots, quantile
plots and normal-probability plots have been improved.
- Smoothers: Lowess, Kernel, Linear and Spline smoothers
are available with Scatterplots, histograms and frequency
- Countours: Quantile and Normal Contours can be
added to scatterplots.
Next: New System Features