Plan your Trip
- Different airlines operate between Latin America and Spain - Iberia, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Avianca, Aero México, Lan Chile, Air Europa, among other -, with destination airports in Barcelona (El Prat) or Madrid (Barajas).
- Valencia has direct flights to some 30 European cities. For more information, see Aena's Website.
- There are frequent flights from Barcelona or Madrid to Valencia, with an approximate flying time of 45 minutes. Train and bus connections are also available between these cities: renfe.es (Train), alsa.es and avanzabus.com (Bus).
- There are frequent trains from Alicante to Valencia, with an approximate travel time of 90 minutes.
Alicante's airport has direct flights to some 20 European cities, including low-cost flights. For more information, see Aena's Website.
Find your Place (Accommodation and Living expenses)
There are several accommodation options for your stay in Valencia: a hall of residence, renting a flat, etc. These are some useful links:
The application period for a place in the student halls of Universitat de València is 1st June – 15th July. If you choose this option, you can book a room even before knowing if you have been admitted to the postgraduate programme. The monthly cost, full board, Monday to Sunday, is 540€ approximately.
- If you decide to share a flat, the approximate price is:
- Average price per bedroom: 225 euros
- Average price per flat (3 bedrooms): 700 euros
- Average price per flat (4 bedrooms): 900 euros
- Related to living expenses: for those sharing a flat, on average, the electricity, water, and gas bills come to 25 euros a month per person. This is only an estimate, as the amount may vary depending on the type of flat, the furniture and fittings, and the number of tenants.
- An Internet connection is available free of charge in the University and at the student halls. Many of the premises also have a WIFI connection. But if you want a connection at home, you can rent this service for 35 euros a month, approximately.
- On average, a meal at the campus will cost you 5 euros.