CoCoNuT Meeting 2016
University of Valencia (Spain), December 14-16, 2016
The CoCoNuT code is a general relativistic hydrodynamics code with dynamical spacetime evolution. The aim of this numerical code is the study of several astrophysical scenarios in which general relativity can play an important role, namely the collapse of rapidly rotating stellar cores and the evolution of isolated neutron stars. The emphasis of the meeting shall be put on Relativistic Astrophysics. Recent progress and future developments of this field and of the CoCoNuT code shall be discussed, but not exclusively. Possible topics of the meeting are:
- Advances in relativistic hydrodynamics
- Sources of gravitational waves
- Physics of compact stars
- Hydrodynamical treatment of phase transitions
The purpose of the CoCoNuT meeting is twofold: on the one hand it is intended as a regular (yearly so far) meeting of the CoCoNuT users, but it also serves as an opportunity to interchange ideas with users of similar numerical codes. Therefore the attendance to the meeting of anyone outside the CoCoNuT community is welcome.
- Ewald Müller, Max Planck Institut für Astrophysik (Germany)
- Éric Gourgoulhon, Observatoire de Paris-Meudon (France)
- Juan Antonio Miralles, Universidad de Alicante (Spain)
The meeting will take place at the salon de grados of the Physics Faculty in the Burjassot campus of the University of Valencia, in Valencia, Spain, from December 14 to 16, 2016.
If you would like to attend the meeting please fill the registration form.
- November 15, 2016
- Miguel Angel Aloy, Universitat de València (Spain)
- Pablo Cerdá-Durán, Universitat de València (Spain)
- Isabel Cordero-Carrión, Universitat de València (Spain)
- Jerome Novak, Observatoire de Paris-Meudon (France)
- Micaela Oertel, Observatoire de Paris-Meudon (France)