I am a Computer and Telecomunications engineer with a PhD in Economics. I am heavily interested in studying and analyzing human behavior from both theoretical and experimental points of view. More specifically, on ways to promote cooperation in different enviorments, like conflicting preferences or crowdsouring systems. To do so, I am always learning things in Game Theory, Networks and Experimental Economics.
I developed the majority of my research carreer working at the Laboratory for Research in Experimental Economics (LINEEX) in the Institute for Research in Economic and Social Behavior of the University of Valencia. I worked in the IBSEN project, which aims to carry large scale experiments with a newly built platform (by the project). Now, I am an R&D Engineer at Astellia.
I am also highly skilled in software development, mainly web applications and interactive experiments software, and system administration, mainly Linux.
IT Director and Full stack software developer at LINEEX.
publications in scientific journals
"Equilibrium characterization of networks under conflicting preferences", with P. Hernández, M. Muñoz-Herrera and A. Sánchez. Economics Letters, 155, 154-156, (2017). Link.
"Conflict and segregation in networks: An experiment on the interplay between individual preferences and social influence", with L. Ellwardt, P. Hernández and M. Muñoz-Herrera. Journal of Dynamics and Games, 3 Issue 2, 191-216, (2016). Link.
"A formal model based on Game Theory for the analysis of cooperation in distributed service discovery", with E. del Val, V. Botti, P. Hernández, M. Rebollo. Information Sciences, 326, 59 - 70 (2016). Link.
del Val, E., Martínez-Cánovas, G., Botti, V., & Hernández, P. (2016). Analysing Incentive Strategies to Promote Participation in Crowdsourcing Systems. In M. Rovatsos, G. Vouros, & V. Julian (Eds.), Multi-Agent Systems and Agreement Technologies: 13th European Conference, EUMAS 2015, and Third International Conference, AT 2015, Athens, Greece, December 17-18, 2015, Revised Selected Papers (pp. 463-471). Cham: Springer International Publishing. http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-33509-4_37
I am a fullstack developer, with a large expertise in the LAMP stack and the Yii 2 framework. I am also interested in Python and django, and some of the node.js stuff out there, particularly the meteor framework and Angular. I also have a wide expertise programming interactive economic experiments with a wide range of technologies. Here you have a list with a sneak peek or demos of some of the projects I have developed lately.
I have developed economic experiments using web technologies, some with oTree and others built ad-hoc. I used the Android SDK as well in some interactive experiments using tablets. I am also an expert programmer in the leading experimental software toolbox z-Tree, I have programmed dozens of experiments using it.
- Car insurances using a Holt and Laury risk aversion test approach: lottery, task, Demo
- Online music platforms Willigness to Pay, mockups: store 1, store 2, store 3, store 4, store 5
- Movies & Videogames online store mockup: home, videogame, movie
- Ecommerce shopping simulation: 1, 2
- Real Effort Tasks: Tetris, Trivial
research web projects
- IBSEN project web infraestructure: website and recruitment system.
- LINEEX web infrastructure: website, participants portal, recruitment system management (restricted access) and Wake On Lan manager (restricted access).
- Master in Economics, University of Valencia · masterecouv.es : Students applications system, website of the master, personal profile manager, news.
- GLOCREd · glocred.es : The research network in 'Globalization, Growth and Inequality (19th-21st centuries)'. Website of the network, content management system (News, events, ...), personal profile manager.