The Unity for Gender Equality in the Universitat de València takes on the coordination of Ruigeu (Network of Unities for Gender Equality and University Excellence) aiming to contribute to give the network both visibility and appreciation. It is made up of 50 Spanish universities and it embraces the different structures that manage equality policies in them: unities, offices, observatories, commissions, and gender equality offices.
Since September 2018, the staff of the Unit for Gender Equality in the Universitat de València has been working on a new information structure, logo and website in which history of the work done so far can be checked.
Since the Unities for Gender Equality meetings began in 2008, there has been a collaborative and coordinated work so that efforts and resources of each university –put in gender equality policies promotion– were harnessed. In 2010, the University of Lleida took on Ruigeu’s coordination creating a new website that gave visibility to work and conclusions from every annual meeting, celebrated in the universities in the Network.
The Network of Unities for Gender Equality and University Excellence aims to:
• Share experiences, activities, solutions, and resources.
• Get information, consult and give support among the universities.
• Develop common policies and actions to overcome gender inequality barriers.
• Give visibility to defence of equal opportunities between women and men in universities.
• Establish a linkage among public and private, local, regional, national, and international entities committed to equal opportunities for women and against sex discrimination.
The new current website is a meeting point for working on the objectives above mentioned. Given its public nature, it aims to inform about gender equality activities carried out in the different universities and provide people accessing to it with guidance and digital resources.