Athletics, Taekwondo and Karate UV's teams finished their participation in Spain's University Championship this last weekend winning several medals.
The UV’s athletics team has won a total of 13 medals at the CEU organised by the Universitat Jaume I: three gold medals, five silver medals and five bronze medals. These are the results for each race:
- Gold medal in men’s 5,000 m for José Ignacio Giménez
- Gold medal in women’s 100 m for Carmen Marco
- Gold medal in men’s 800 m for Eduardo Romero
- Silver medal in women’s discus (1kg) for Arev Sargsyan
- Silver medal for women’s 800 m for Yurena Hueso
- Silver medal in women’s long jump for Andrea Salvador
- Silver medal in women’s hammer throw (4kg) for Gema Martí
- Silver medal in men’s discus (2kg) for Víctor Fauds
- Bronze medal in women’s pole for Alicia Jaut
- Bronze medal in men’s high jump for Álvaro Martínez
- Bronze medal in women’s shot put (4kg) for Mariam Sargsyan
- Bronze medal in men’s 1,500 m for Enrique Herreros
- Bronze medal in men’s discus (2kg) for Dian Iskrenow
Two gold medals and two silver medals for the UV’s taekwondo team. Athlete Javier Pastor was proclaimed Spain’s champion in featherweight (-68kg) after beating two-time Olympics champion Joel González (UCAM) in the final round. The other gold medal was awarded to Noelia Grau in light flyweight (-46kg). Athlete Monika Petrova also participated in the CEU winning a silver medal in flyweight (-49kg). Finally, the Universitat de València was proclaimed Spain’s runner-up in the team category.
The UV’s karate team finished the CEU winning a silver medal and three bronze medals. It won the third place in Spain in the universities category, behind the UCAM, the winner of the championship, and the Universitat de Barcelona, the runner-up.
UV’s athlete Fernando Gómez won a silver medal in Kumite -84kg; Fernando Piñango won the bronze medal in individual Kata; Patricia Peso won a bronze medal in Kumite -50 kg and Elena Fresquet won a bronze medal in Kumite -68kg.
Football, orienteering, rugby, table tennis, archery, judo and triathlon’s CEUs will take place during the week of the 6th of May. The Universitat de València will organise the orienteering, archery and triathlon’s competition.