University of Valencia logo Logo Covid Logo del portal


  • What are the basic preventive measures with which I have to comply in the buildings of the Universitat de València (UV)?

    In the UV you have to comply with the general preventive measures against virus transmission: Hand hygiene, Mask use and Respect for public transport and public distance.

    Furthermore, you must stay home and avoid going to class in case of COVID-19 symptoms, if you’ve been diagnosed with the virus or if you’re in process of isolation because of strait contact with an infected person. We suggest checking the frequently asked questions section about cases of infection or quarantine so that you’ll know what to do in these situations.

  • How were the preventive measures organised in view of the COVID-19 during this period?

    Before starting the 2021-2022 course and under recommendation of the health authorities, the UV implemented preventive measures in view of the COVID-19 in coordination with all the 5 public Valencian universities. The following measures were highlighted:

    • Space, circulation and furniture reorganisation in order to ensure the recommended safe distance in common spaces.
    • Capacity limitation in classrooms, meeting rooms, assembly halls, toilets and elevators.
    • Protective screens setup in public attention posts.
    • Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers placement in building entrances and in frequently visited spaces.
    • Inspection and adaptation of ventilation systems in order to minimise the interior air recirculation and to ensure a renewal by means of natural and/or mechanical ventilation, following the recommendations of the health authorities.
    • Increase of cleaning and disinfection services.
    • Increase of information and access control services.
    • Priorisation of telematic and phone assistance.
    • CO2 monitoring in classrooms to allow follow-up and assessment of ventilation measures.
  • Is it mandatory to wear a mask at all times?

    Yes, the use of a hygienic or surgical mask is mandatory in UV buildings, even when it’s possible to maintain the recommended safety distance.

    The use of a mask is also compulsory in outdoor spaces whenever maintaining the recommended interpersonal distance isn't possible.

    You can arrive at your workplace with your own mask or you can ask for one there. All the buildings will provide the UV staff with hygienic or surgical masks on entry. If you have doubts on how to request one, you have to consult it with the person in charge. 

  • I’m a high-risk individual for COVID-19, do I have to take special precautions?

    If you consider you’re part of one of the high-risk groups vulnerable to COVID-19, you’ll have to strictly abide to the general preventive measures. In case of doubts regarding the compatibility of on-site work with your clinical condition, you can request a report on the necessary preventive, protective and and workplace adaptation measures to the Health and Safety  Environmental Quality Service by following the procedure published in its website.

  • Are all of the university facilities open? Can I move around the UV normally?

    The UV starts the 2021-2022 course in a highly advanced vaccination and pandemic control scenario with a full staff incorporation to on-site work. Furthermore, you’ll be able to use the services and partake in the usual activities (lifelong learning, libraries, sport activities, cultural activities, etc.) by complying with the protocols and specific preventive guidelines established for each individual case.

    However, you have to collaborate in the reduction of gatherings, trips and necessary contacts by complying with the following recommendations:

    • Reduce to a necessary minimum the trips between UV buildings.
    • Inform yourself about the chance of carrying out a procedure by computer with other services instead of attending physically. Whenever it was possible, the university services limited their attention to telematic and phone channels, or they have established appointment systems in order to avoid the influx of people.
    • Reduce the number of social contacts during the workday. It’s recommended to take the usual breaks in small and stable groups, that is, in groups that always stay the same.
  • Who do I have to contact with to query about the preventive measures against COVID-19 at my workplace?

    If you’re part of the Teaching and Research Staff, you have to contact with your department’s management, with the administration, the deanery or the centre’s management.

    If you’re part of the collectives of the Administrative and Service Staff or the Research Staff, you have to contact with the person in charge in: centres, departments, university research institutes, “Rector Peset” Hall of Residence, Botanical Garden, Astronomical Observatory, general services, central economic and administrative services, peripheral units -campus units or institute assistance units- and the rest of facilities in which the UV is organised.

    If necessary, the people responsible for each facility will pass your query to the Health and Safety Environmental Quality Service.



  • What do I have to do if I have symptoms of COVID-19?

    If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you have to stay home and immediately contact your health centre. Furthermore, should you have stayed in any of the UV buildings for 48 hours before the apparition of symptoms or the sample collection for the diagnosis, you have to notify it to us at

    The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Some cases may also include symptoms like loss of taste and smell, shivers, sore throat, headaches, general weakness, muscle pain, diarrhoea or vomit. Alarming symptoms requiring immediate and urgent attention include breathing difficulties, a pain or pressure in the chest, speech and movement inability, confusion or bluish colour in lips or face.

  • When should I contact

    If you have symptoms or have been diagnosed with the disease by a PCR test and have been in the UV facilities since 48 hours before the onset of symptoms or the taking of a sample for diagnosis, you should report this as soon as possible to

    It is not necessary to send the communication to in other cases of isolation, for example, if you are in quarantine because you are in close contact with a contagious case or if you have been diagnosed with the disease but have not been to the UV facilities in the indicated period.

  • What does the UV do when there’s a communication sent to How can I make their job easier?

    When a positive case is confirmed, the UV collaborates with health authorities in order to identify and inform all the possible close contacts of the university community. The goal of this collaboration is to act as fast as possible in order to avoid further infections between the members of the university community.

    To make our job easier, you can provide the following information when notifying your case:

    • Your full name and telephone number.
    • The UV buildings you visited in the 48 hours before the apparition of symptoms or before the sample collection for the diagnosis.
    • The people of the university community with whom you’ve been more than 15 minutes during that period, at a distance inferior to 2 meters and with no appropriate use of a mask.

    The team only acts in cases where there’s a sign of symptoms or in case of a confirmed diagnosis via PCR test or similar, for which reason it’s not necessary to notify other circumstances, like preventive isolations caused by close contacts unknown to the UV or quarantines of dependent family members.

  • I have been ordered to be quarantined, what should I do?

    You must inform the person responsible for your unit (in the case of the PAS or PI) or the department management (in the case of the PDI) by providing the supporting documentation or a responsible statement in the form available on the PAS and PDI Human Resources websites, where you can consult the complete procedure established.

    You will automatically be transferred to the non-attendance mode, unless your health centre has indicated a temporary disability.

    You do not need to notify unless you have symptoms that are compatible with COVID-19 or the diagnosis is confirmed by a PCR test or equivalent.

  • Do I have the obligation to notify to the Health and Safety Environmental Quality Service that I was diagnosed with the virus? Is this information confidential?

    You have the obligation to notify your case to the Health and Safety Environmental Quality Service at or by other means specified in their website, assuming you’ve stayed in any of the university buildings for 48 hours before the apparition of symptoms or before the sample collection for the diagnosis. The obligation is set to safeguard the health of the people of your workplace through the enactment of the appropriate preventive measures.

    It’s not necessary to send the notification to in other isolation cases, for example, if you’re in quarantine as a consequence of being in close contact with a positive individual, or if you’ve been diagnosed with the virus, but haven’t been in UV buildings in the specified period

  • I have a minor under the age of 14 years old or a dependent person in charge who’s in quarantine, what do I have to do?

    You can request the authorisation to pass to non-presential working by sending to the person in charge of your unit (in the case of PAS or PI) or the department management (in the case of PDI) documentation that justifies your situation or by filling out the declaration of responsibility model available at the service websites of Recursos Humans PAS and Recursos Humans PDI.


    • If you’re responsible for the care of a minor under the age of 14 years old, you’ll also have to add a copy of the family book or documentation accrediting age and filiation.
    • If you’re responsible for a dependent person, you’ll have to add supporting documentation of dependency and cohabitation.

    You can check the full procedure at the websites of the specified services.

  • I have been informed of temporary incapacity for some reason related to COVID-19. How do I submit the information?

    If you are temporarily unable to work, you should send your report to the Social Security Section of the UV at or, if you are a teacher or researcher at MUFACE, to the Human Resources Service (Servei de Recursos Humans PDI) at

    This documentation contains confidential health information and you should not send it by any other means.

  • I’m part of the PAS (administrative and service staff) and I’m momentarily working from home, how is my workday registered in the GDH?

    If for whatever reason - including quarantine, shift management to maintain the recommended distance, one-individual quarantine or others - you have to temporarily work in a non-presential manner, the GDH manager will register the workday as “non-presential workday” if you’re part of the administrative and service staff or “workday outside the research centre” if you’re part of the research or support staff.

    You can check this info at the Human Resources Service PAS website.