11th Iberian Gravitational Waves Meeting
Valencia, June 9-11, 2021
News10/05/2021: Fully-online meeting
Despite of the recent improvements regarding the covid-19 pandemics, many travel restrictions still apply in many countries, including Spain. From the preliminarly registration list to the meeting a mayority of the attendants would preffer to avoid traveling to Valencia during these days. Therefore, the local organising committee has decided to opt for a fully-online meeting, and cancel the possibility of attending the conference in person.
The Iberian Gravitational Waves Meeting is an international conference set up yearly since 2011
by different groups around the Iberian Peninsula with interests in Gravitational Waves.
The series of meetings have been associated to the Spanish Network on Gravitational Waves (REDONGRA).
After the cancelation of the meeting in 2020 due to the covid-19 pandemics,
in 2021 it will take place online
in Valencia, Spain, organised by the Astronomy and Astrophysics Department (DAA)
and the Mathematics Department (DM) of the University of Valencia.
The goal of this series of meetings is to bring together researchers working in Gravitational Waves with the aim at promoting collaboration and synergies among them. It also serves as a way of keeping track of recent advances in the Iberian gravitational wave community. The meeting covers all aspects of gravitational waves, including theory, data analysis, experiments and multimessenger astronomy.
The 3-day meeting will be held fully online
have a hybrid form with the possibility of attending it in person (if covid-19 conditions allow for it) or online.
The physical venue for the meeting will be the ADEIT in the old city center of Valencia. It will consist
of plenary sessions with talks by invited speakers and selected contributed talks by participants. You can request a contributed talk during
the registration process. Registration is needed regardless of whether you attend the meeting online or in person.
- Josefa Becerra, Instituto Astrofísico de Canarias.
- Elena Cuoco, EGO, Pisa.
- Daniel Figueroa, IFIC-CSIC/UV, Valencia.
- Nikolaos Karnesis, APC-Universite Paris Diderot.
- Paola Leaci, Sapiencia University, Roma.
- Maria Ángeles Pérez García, Universidad de Salamanca.
- Michele Punturo, INFN-Perugia.
- Nikolaos Stergioulas, University of Thessaloniki.
- Helvi Witek, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- Mar Bastero Gil, Universidad de Granada.
- Marie-Anne Bizouard, Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur, Nice.
- Marica Branchesi, GSSI, L’Aquila.
- Thomas Dent, IFGAE, Santiago de Compostela.
- José Antonio Font, Universitat de València.
- Tanja Hinderer, University of Amsterdam.
- Mario Martínez, IFAE, Barcelona.
- Alicia Sintes, UIB, Palma de Mallorca.
- Carlos Sopuerta, ICE-CSIC, Barcelona.
Local organising committee
- Pablo Cerdá-Durán, DAA, Universitat de València.
- Isabel Cordero-Carrión, DM, Universitat de València.
- José Antonio Font, DAA, Universitat de València.