Reception Days for incoming students for the academic year 2019-2020

The UV International Office has planned a Reception Day  to give you a warm welcome and provide you with general information about UV and about daily life in Spain. At the beginning of the session, you will be given your Certificate of Arrival and an information pack. Please note: the date of arrival on the Certificate will be the date of the Reception Day.

Reception Days Calendar . Find your Campus and Faculty here

Faculty Meetings

Academic Calendar 2019-2020


Instructions for nominated students

Application procedure

1. How can I access the application form?
Through the link that has been sent in our e-mail to you.

2. How do I identify myself?
With the username (your e-mail address given to us by your home university) and the password that has been sent in our e-mail to you.

3. The system tells me there is an error: "Student without mobility data". What should I do?
-Make sure that the UV has let you know that you can fill in the application form.
-Make sure that you have accessed with the username and password you have been given

If the error still appears, get in touch with the International Relations Service through

4. The data that are loaded automatically are wrong and I can't modify them. What can I do?
Do not fill in the application form and get in touch with the International Relations Service by sending an e-mail to

5. I have filled in and sent the form. Can I modify the data?
No, once you have sent the form you cannot send it again. If, after sending it, there is any problem or the data you have entered are wrong, get in touch with the International Relations Service by sending an e-mail to

6. What documents do I have to submit?

The scanned documents you should upload are as follows:

  • Passport / Identification Document (mandatory to submit your application form)
  • Health insurance or European Health Card covering the whole length of the exchange period (only in case you have this document at the moment of submitting your application form)

7. Which is the deadline to submit the application?
After being accepted, incoming students will receive an email with their login-code and the instructions to fill in the online application form. This should be done within 30 days after the reception of the email.

8. I have been accepted as an exchange student at the UV, but I need an Acceptance Letter. How do I apply for it?
After you have received an e-mail from us confirming your acceptance, you will be able to download your Acceptance Letter at "my personal site". Click here to see how to access your Acceptance Letter step by step.

  • Click here to access a video tutorial about our online application form

International health insurance or European Health Card

Mobility incoming students coming to Universitat de València must show that he/she has acces to health/medical services prior to his/her enrolment at the university. An scanned copy of the relevant document must be sent to

Students coming from the European Union must hold a European Health Card. They are also adviced to contract an International Health Insurance in order to improve benefits.

If cannot get a European Health Card you must contract an International Health Insurance.

Universitat de València has joined OnCampus, a company specialized in health insurance policies for university member. You can contract your health insurance through this link. Look our university with its official name Universitat de València and remember to print your receipt.

Security and health

-Health Departments

Each campus has a health department. It provides medical assistance in case of accident and deals with minor health problems.

Information leaflet

Health Department on Blasco Ibáñez Campus map

Health Department on Burjassot-Paterna Campus map

Health Department on Tarongers Campus map

-European Health Card

The first thing you have to do is go to the Health Centre / "ambulatorio" of the Social Security that belongs to the area where you live in Valencia, to activate your European Health Card. You will be provided with a SIP card and a doctor will be assigned to you.

To find out which is your "Ambulatorio", please dial phone number 012 (from 8 am to 7 pm, from Monday to Friday, or dial phone number 112 at other hours/days).

If you go to the emergency department of a public hospital before having got your SIP card, show your European Health Card and you will be given a code. Afterwards you will have to go to your Health Centre, where they will generate your SIP card with that code.

-Emergency phone

Dial phone number 112 to ask for help (police, fire brigade, ambulance).

-Special needs students

If you are disabled or suffer from a chronic illness, you can contact our Unit for Integration of People with Disabilities at:

Please specify your needs and they will arrange things so that you will be able to study with us as comfortably as possible.

Cost of living

How much do things cost in Valencia? Check out these prices, for your reference:

  • Electricity, water and gas (on average per person, if you share an apartment): around 25 € monthly
  • Internet Access: At UV and in its halls of residence, internet is free for all students, using the UV Wi-Fi network (eduroam). If you want to have broadband internet access at home, it will cost you approximately 40 € monthly
  • Food at the UV cafeterias can come in a daily menu (two courses, dessert and a drink): around 6 €
  • Maintenance costs (grocery shopping and small expenses) per person: approximately 200 €/month 
  • Public transport (EMT bus network): less than 2 € per trip and less than 10 € for a card with 10 trips
  • Bicycle subscription (Valenbisi): less than 30€/year
  • Room in a shared flat (excluding bills): between 200 and 250 €/month


Students are responsible for arranging their own accommodation. Nevertheless, although UV has no housing office, it does offer a few options of its own:

-Halls of Residence

  • Colegio Mayor Rector Peset / Rector Peset Hall of Residence

UV dorm that provides residence to UV members and encourages the human, cultural and scientific training of those who live in it. It is located in the historical city centre. Please click here to access its website.

  • Residencia Universitaria Damià Bonet / Damià Bonet Hall of Residence

This dorm is located on Tarongers Campus and is well communicated with buses and MetroValencia. It has single studios with bathroom and kitchen, heating and air conditioning, telephone and computer connection with internet access. Have a look at its website and at the information leaflet.

-Other options

You will find more information about accommodation by clicking here and also by checking the UV Guide for incoming students.

Useful information about UV

-Guide to find courses

-UV guide

-Campus maps

-Academic calendar

-Syllabi and information about courses

-Spanish and Catalan (Valencian) courses

UV offers Spanish courses through:

C/ Serpis, 25
46022 València
Tel.: 963 067 781

The Language Centre offers a reduced price to all exchange students (both Erasmus and International Programme students) who enrol in their semester courses. You do not need any certificate to prove you are an exchange student. The International Relations Service sends a list of all students to the Language Centre. Check its website to find out the start and end dates of the courses. Click here to see their leaflet with information about prices.

We also offer free Catalan-Valencian courses through our Language Policy Service.


The UV Office for Territorial Projection and Participation organizes cultural and touristic tours for incoming exchange students: a series of trips that will give you the chance of getting to know Valencian culture and heritage beyond your stay in the city.

Please click here to have a look at the leaflet.

More information and registration in:


twitter: @projeccioUVEG

-Check our FAQ

-Music at UV

If you want to join the UV Philharmonic Orchestra and/or the UV Orpheum, please take a look at this information leaflet created by our Music Activity Trust.

-Sports at UV

UV develops a wide variety of sporting activities through its Physical Education and Sports Service. Take a look at their website and at the course enrolment guide.

-Theatre at UV

Escena Erasmus is a pioneering European theatre project, mainly addressed to Erasmus students. If you are interested in participating, you can register before 14th October 2017. Click here to see the information.

Buddy programme

Almost all UV Faculties/Schools (except for the F. of Teacher Training) take part in the buddy programme. The buddy is a UV student who will contact you about one or two months before you travel to Valencia and will help you in the following matters:

  • Help regarding your arrival in the city, accommodation resources, getting around the city, basic services: phones, health, money matters...
  • Faculties and campuses: services, classrooms, buildings, facilities...
  • Enrolment: subjects, credits, study plans, exams, timetables...
  • UV virtual tools: Wi-Fi network, Virtual Classroom, Virtual Office, e-mail account...
  • Integration: learn languages, contact other students, take part in cultural or exchange activities
  • City life: cultural offer, leisure, heritage...

If the date of your arrival is approaching and you have not been contacted by your UV buddy, please send an e-mail to:

Study permits

If you are a national of a non-EU country you will need a visa in order to enter and stay in Spain. Please check with the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live.

Once you are here, we can help you with the study permit procedure. You can find more information at this link.

Registration of citizens of the Union

National Erasmus students of the European Union or associated states

The citizens of the European Union member states and of the remaining states belonging to the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), who are to remain in Spain for more than three months to do an Erasmus stay are required to register with the Central Register of Foreign Citizens (Registro Central de Extranjeros) at the Foreign Citizens Office of the province where they will be residing (Oficina de Extranjeros Valencia: Bailén, St, 9). This Office will issue a registration certificate that proves the students` right to live in Spain (for the duration of their study period).

More information at the following link

Access to the application form: Formulario de solicitud de inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjeros_Residencia ciudadano de la UE (RD 240/2007)

Access to the payment form Tasa modelo 790. Código 012 ( Seleccionar trámite: "Tarjetas de identidad de extranjeros (TIE) y certificados de registro de residentes comunitarios" y a continuación marcar la casilla: "Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión".​ )

Steps to be followed when you arrive in Valencia

First step: Arrival
The UV International Office has planned a Reception Day  to give you a warm welcome and provide you with general information about UV and about daily life in Spain. At the beginning of the session, you will be given your Certificate of Arrival, a temporary student card and an information pack. Please note: the date of arrival on the Certificate will be the date of the Reception Day.

Reception Days Calendar


Faculty Meetings
A few Faculties organize  Faculty meetings for their incoming exchange students (some sessions are mandatory). In this sessions students will be informed about how to complete the enrolment procedure.

Presentation Reception Days SRIC 


Second step: Confirm your Learning Agreement

The Exchange Coordinator for your field of studies will assist you with academic issues and the confirmation of your Learning Agreement. Remember that you must bring an initial proposal, signed by the academic coordinator from your home university.

Third step: Enrolling
At your home university or faculty you will have been given instructions regarding the procedure for enrolling in the courses that you decide to take at the University of Valencia. Enrolling usually takes place one or two weeks after the beginning of classes so that students can be sure of the courses they wish to take. However you are free to attend all the classes you wish until you enrol. Remember that it is compulsory that students enrol for at least 50% of their credits in the same field of study and in the faculty to which you have been nominated by your home university.

In some cases you will have to take along two passport-sized pictures (3x3 cm) and a photocopy of your passport or identity card so that your student card can be generated. This card will entitle you to full library services and discounts (sports, theatres, museums, etc). You will also receive a username and password for your UV online student account with which you will be able to access online services and your personal email account. You will also be given a bill (to be paid at a bank or financial institution) for the amount of around 8 euros (administrative fee).

End of attendance

On the day on which your exchage period finishes at UV, you should apply for your online Certificate of Attendance, which will contain the dates of your arrival and of the end of your exchange period. To see step by step how to apply for it and, later on, download it, please check this guide.

Please take into account that the date indicating the end of your exchange period at UV will be the date on which you apply for the Certificate of Attendance.

Transcript of records/grades

The “Secretaría” of the Faculty/School in which you enrolled will automatically send your transcript of records to your University. Before leaving Valencia, we recommend you to go to the Secretaría and make sure that they have the correct postal address.

You will find information about our grade scale and our credit system on this link.


Further details

Hours of operation
Hours of operation at the International Relations Service (Central Office and Burjassot-Paterna Office), as well as at the secretarial offices of the different faculties or schools are from 9 to 14 from Monday to Friday.

Tips for students coming from a very different culture

  • If you need advice or help, especially if it is urgent, we strongly recommend you to just personally go to the offices and explain your situation, without appointment.
  • Finally, almost all faculties assign UV student mentors/buddies to each exchange student. Their task is to help you in all practical matters (for instance, to find the right courses). Therefore, if you are contacted by your mentor, you should reply to him/her and keep in touch with him/her until you have finished your exchange period, as the mentors are a source of great help!

This website uses proprietary and third-party cookies for technical purposes, traffic analysis and to facilitate insertion of content in social networks on user request. If you continue to browse, we consider that you are accepting its use. For more information please consult ourcookies policy