10th Iberian Gravitational Waves Meeting
Valencia, May 27-29, 2020
Important notice: IGWM cancelled
After much considerations, the local organising committee has decided to cancel the 10th Iberian GW Meeting.
The motivations for these decision are, among others: 1) the ban by the University to celebrate any kind of meeting. This ban starts on Monday March 16 and it is not clear when it will end. 2) The important restrictions to travel within Europe, specially from/to some countries. This is already affecting to a significant part of the invited speakers and will surely have a strong impact in the attendance to the meeting.
Depending on how the situation with the coronavirus develops, we may consider moving the meeting to some later dates this year or cancel it completely. We will keep you informed about this point.
We hope you can understand our decision.
Pablo Cerdá-Durán, Isabel Cordero-Carrión & Toni Font (LOC)
The Iberian Gravitational Waves Meeting is an international conference set up yearly since 2011 by different groups around the Iberian Peninsula with interests in Gravitational Waves. The series of meetings have been associated to the Spanish Network on Gravitational Waves (REDONGRA). In 2020 it will take place in Valencia, Spain, organised by the Astronomy and Astrophysics Department (DAA) and the Mathematics Department (DM) of the University of Valencia.
The goal of this series of meetings is to bring together researchers working in Gravitational Waves with the aim at promoting collaboration and synergies among them. It also serves as a way of keeping track of recent advances in the Iberian gravitational wave community. The meeting covers all aspects of gravitational waves, including theory, data analysis, experiments and multimessenger astronomy.
The 3-day meeting will take place at the ADEIT in the old city center of Valencia. It will consist of plenary sessions with talks by invited speakers and selected contributed talks by participants. You can request a contributed talk during the registration process. Meals will be provided the three days of the meeting included in the registration fee (60 EUR).
- Josefa Becerra, Instituto Astrofísico de Canarias.
- Vitor Cardoso, CENTRA/IST, Lisboa.
- Elena Cuoco, EGO, Pisa.
- Daniel Figueroa, IFIC-CSIC/UV, Valencia.
- Nikolaos Karnesis, APC-Universite Paris Diderot.
- Paola Leaci, Sapiencia University, Roma.
- Maria Ángeles Pérez García, Universidad de Salamanca.
- Michele Punturo, INFN-Perugia.
- Nikolaos Stergioulas, University of Thessaloniki.
- Mar Bastero Gil, Universidad de Granada.
- Marie-Anne Bizouard, Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur, Nice.
- Marica Branchesi, GSSI, L’Aquila.
- Thomas Dent, IFGAE, Santiago de Compostela.
- José Antonio Font, Universitat de València.
- Tanja Hinderer, University of Amsterdam.
- Mario Martínez, IFAE, Barcelona.
- Alicia Sintes, UIB, Palma de Mallorca.
- Carlos Sopuerta, ICE-CSIC, Barcelona.
Local organising committee
- Pablo Cerdá-Durán, DAA, Universitat de València.
- Isabel Cordero-Carrión, DM, Universitat de València.
- José Antonio Font, DAA, Universitat de València.