University of Valencia logo Logo Master's Degree in Development, Institutions and Economic  Integration Logo del portal

Master's Degree Courses on offer and Admission Requirements

  • I finished my studies many years ago, can I access a Master's degree with the degree I obtained?

    Degrees do not expire. Unless a Master's degree, in its specific requirements, restricts access to certain degrees, it can be accessed under the same conditions as new university graduates.

  • I am a foreign student. Do I need a visa to gain admission to a master’s degree?

    A visa is not a requirement for admission to a master’s degree but it is for your stay in Spain if you are a non-EU citizen. Check the following information on how to apply:

    Also, check the answer to: When can I apply for an admission letter?

  • Are there master’s degree taught totally in English?

    Yes, the following: 

    • Master's Degree in Economics (2202)
    • Master’s Degree in International Business Management. IMBA (2069)
    • Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Psychology of Work, Organisations and Human Resources (2235)
    • Master’s Degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2208)
    • Master’s Degree in Advanced English Studies (2196)

  • What master’s degree courses are offered at the Universitat de València?

    The UV offers the widest and most comprehensive range of master’s degree courses available at any Valencian university, with over a hundred master’s degrees on offer. You can check the full course catalogue here:

    More information:
  • Can I study a master’s degree course on a part-time basis?

    Yes, the enrolment regulations of the UV allow students to enrol in a master’s degree on a part-time basis. Part-time students take only between 24 and 36 ECTS credits per year. 

  • Do I have to have completed the studies corresponding to the Master's entrance qualification in order to pre-register for the Master's degree?

    No, pre-enrolment in the master's degree programme is open to those who are in one of these situations:

    1. Students who are in possession of an official university degree that gives access to Master's studies, or who are in the process of obtaining it, at the latest by the dates indicated in the calendar on the website
    2. Students of a Bachelor's Degree offered by a university of the European Higher Education Area who have a maximum of 9 ECTS credits left to pass the Final Degree Project.

    In any case, students in possession of a university degree will have priority in enrolment over students in case b). Therefore, students who have yet to complete the Final Degree Project and up to a maximum of 9 ECTS credits will only be able to access the master's degree if, once enrolment has been completed and the waiting list of students accessing with completed studies has been called up, there are still vacant places on the master's degree.

  • How long are the master’s degree courses?

    Official master’s degree last either one or two years, that is, between 60 and 120 ECTS credits. 

  • Is previous professional experience needed to be admitted to a master’s degree?

    No. In some cases it may be a criterion for determining the order of candidates if a lot of applications have been received, but it is never a requirement.

  • What is an ECTS?

    An ECTS credit is the measurement used in order to establish the length of university studies. The price of university studies is also calculated on the basis of the price of an ECTS credit. 

  • Is it possible to access the Master’s Degree in Law Practice or the Master’s Degree in General Health Psychology with a foreign qualification?

    In these two cases, foreign degrees have to be validated even if they have been issued by an educational institution that is part of the EHEA.

  • Are the master’s degrees offered in the pre-enrolment Ordinary phase and in the pre-enrolment Extraordinary phase the same?

    No. In the Extraordinary phase, only those master's degrees in which there are vacant places after enrolment in the Ordinary phase will be offered..

  • How can I know the specific admission requirements for each master’s degree?

    Each master’s degree may establish specific requirements for admission, such as a qualification within a particular field of knowledge or a specific language certificate. To know the specific admission criteria for each master’s degree, you can check the section “Access and Admission” on the master’s degree web page on the Student Services site.

  • Is there an offer of online official master’s degrees?


Pre-enrolment Procedure

  • Can I amend the pre-enrolment application that I submitted or attach new documents to it?

    Candidates cannot amend their pre-enrolment application once it has been submitted. If they wish to make changes they must withdraw their application and submit a new one within the deadline set for pre-enrolment. To do so, they must access their application at “My procedures” in the Online Office (ENTREU) and choose the options offered.

    To attach documents to their application, candidates must access “My procedures” in the Online Office (ENTREU). There they can check the applications that they have submitted and choose the master’s degree pre-enrolment application. The column called “Actions” offers the option to attach documents.

  • What does the admission process to a master’s degree involve?

    Each master’s degree has an Academic Coordinating Committee that runs the degree. As part of the admission process, after each of the phases in which pre-enrolment is organised, these committees meet and assess the candidates’ applications. As a result, the Student Services publish the list of candidates admitted, included on the waiting list and excluded. Additionally, each applicant is individually notified by email of the final result of the process. 

  • Do I have to be physically present in the waiting list call?

    No, you don’t. The call of candidates from the waiting list is not made face-to-face. The Student Services staff will make the admission offers following the order of the waiting list according to the number of places available after the enrolment period.

    The result of the waiting list call is notified to the students who are now admitted to a master’s degree.

  • When does the pre-enrolment period for a master’s degree start?

    Pre-enrolment in an official master’s degree for the academic year starting in September is open during the previous months February to June (Ordinary Phase) and July to September (Extraordinary Phase). Once approved the calendar, usually in Februrary, the exact dates will be available at: During these two periods, candidates may apply through the UV Online Office.

  • What is the difference between pre-enrolment and enrolment?

    Pre-enrolment is a process that takes place before enrolment during which applications for a course are assessed and the places available are allocated. Therefore, the final step in the pre-enrolment process is to notify candidates if they have been admitted, included on the waiting list or excluded.

    Enrolment is therefore a process that follows pre-registration. Only students admitted in the corresponding pre-registration phase who, in addition, have accredited the completion of the studies that give access to the Master's degree can enrol in the established period (see the exact dates at: Once the enrolment period and the waiting list appeals have been completed, if places are still available, students who have been admitted and who have pending studies (TFG/Final Year Project and a maximum of 9 ECTS credits) may enrol.

  • How many waiting list calls are there?

    Two, both carried out in Ordinary Phase. Check the exact dates at:

    After the second call, students who couldn’t get a place wishing to participate in Extraordinary Phase, must submit a new application.

  • Is there an application processing fee?

    Yes, but only for holders of degrees issued outside the EHEA that have not been officially recognised in Spain. In these cases, the processing of the pre-enrolment application is subject to a fee of €155.22 for the verification of equivalence of the foreign qualification giving access to the master’s degree. The fee is payable by bank card at the time of submitting the online pre-enrolment application.

    More information:


  • Do students of the Universitat de València have to attach the documentation corresponding to the identity card, degree and academic certificate to their application?

    Uv students do not have to attach the identity card, degree and academic certificate . This documentation will be retrieved automatically by the Student Service. However, it will be necessary to provide, if applicable, the specific documentation required for each Master's degree applied for.

  • I am taking a Spanish course, but I don't have any certificate of achievement yet. Can I get credit for it after pre-registration?

    Languages are admission requirements so they must be accredited within the period of application, unless those taught at the Faculty of Teacher Training. Please check the calendar.

    Only those certificates that are listed in the Equivalence Table.

  • Do I have to present a paper copy of my disability certificate?

    No. It would be sufficient to add this document in an electronic form to the pre-enrolment application. The degree of disability indicated in the certificate must be equal to or greater than 33%.

    More information:


  • When do I have to send a paper copy of my supporting documents?

    In general, you are not required to submit paper documents.

    According to Law 39/2015, applicants do not need to provide certified copies.

    Exceptionally, when the Student Services has doubts as to the authenticity of the electronic documents submitted, it may require the presentation of the original documents for making a comparative check. This check can only be carried out by the Student Services of the Universitat de València and not by registry offices.

  • Where do I have to send a paper copy of my pre-enrolment supporting documents?

    According to Law 39/2015, applicants do not need to provide certified copies.

    Exceptionally, when the Student Services has doubts as to the authenticity of the electronic documents submitted, it may require the presentation of the original documents for making a comparative check.

  • Do I have to translate my supporting documents into Spanish?

    Supporting documents in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese are accepted. A translation will be required for the documents issued in any other language. 

  • What documents do I have to attach to my online application to be admitted to a master’s degree?

    Generally, together with your online application, you must submit an electronic copy of: 

    • The university degree certificate required to be eligible for admission to the master’s degree studies.
    • The academic transcript of marks obtained in the university studies required to be eligible for admission to the master’s degree, which must include the average mark. Foreign students must indicate theiraccording to the procedure established by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport ( Candidates failing to provide a mark in this 10-point scale will be given an admission average mark of 5 points.
    • DNI (Spanish citizens), NIE (residents in Spain) or passport (foreign citizens). 

    Additionally, each master’s degree may require other supporting documents according to the specific requirements that may have been established. Refer to the section “Documents to be submitted” for further information.

    More information:
  • In what cases must supporting documents be legalised or apostilled?

    In case a university degree is issued by the university outside the European Union or any signatory countries to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or to the bilateral agreement with the European Union, you should add to the electronic application legalized or apostilled and translated, if necessary, supporting documents. To process the electronic application, the university requires the documents to be added in an electronic format to the pre-enrolment application.

  • When can I request an admission letter?

    When the results of the pre-enrolment phase in which you participated have been notified and published, you will be able to download your admission letter through “My personal site” in the Online Office (ENTREU). This electronic document includes a digital signature and a secure verification code (CSV) through which its validity can be verified by any official body.

  • How can I request a pre-admission letter?

    Pre-admission letters can be issued once the pre-enrolment period starts. From this date, those candidates who have completed the online pre-enrolment process can request a pre-admission letter via the new tiquetingUV application available at In your request, please indicate your pre-enrolment application number. In this way you can use it to apply for a scholarship or for any other relevant purposes.