On this page you will find:

Specific information for students

If you want to come to UV as an International Programme student, the first step is to check if there is a specific agreement between your home university and UV in the field of your degree. Otherwise, you cannot come as an International Programme Student. Visiting/freemover students are not accepted.


-Between both your home university and UV there should be a specific agreement, establishing the number of exchange students per academic year, in the field you wish to study in Valencia. If there is only a general agreement, it means that there is no student exchange.

-The International Office of your home university must send us your nomination, confirming us that you have been granted the status of an International Programme student.

Note: The International Programmes are not accessible for Medicine and Dentistry students.


After receiving your nomination, the International Relations Service will check if you can be accepted according to our agreement and send you an e-mail with your password. Thus you will be able to fill in the online application form and upload the following documents:

  • Passport
  • International health insurance covering the full length of your stay in Spain

After being accepted, incoming students will receive an email with their login-code and the instructions to fill in the online application form. This should be done within 30 days after the reception of the email.


There are two kinds of Student Visas:

  • D+C visa for 180 days: this type of visa is the one you obtain when your exchange period takes place during one semester
  • A student visa for 90 days: this type of visa is the one you obtain when your exchange period takes place during one academic year and which forces you to apply for the Identification Card for Foreigners (Tarjeta de Identificación de Extranjeros) within the first month after entering Spain; at the International Relations Service we will help you to get an appointment with the Police Station

More information:

Study permits

Specific information for partner universities

If you wish to send us your student nominations, please be aware that you must fill in the following online nomination form:


Language requirements

The home university is responsible for checking and verifying the linguistic requirement as specified in:


Periods to send your students nominations:

  • For Fall semester or whole year stays (September-January or September-June): 

The link for nominations will remain open from 1st of March until 31th of May.

  • For Spring semester (February-June): 

The link for nominations will remain open from 1st of September until 31st of October

* Please, note that we will not accept nominations by email, post or any other way anymore.

* We will only accept nominations sent by a nominating international office or a nominating university staff member.

Should you have any doubt with the online nomination form, do not hesitate to contact us at nominations@uv.es

After receiving the nominations, the international relations office will check if they are acceptable in accordance with the bilateral agreement and will send to the students an e-mail with the information they need to fill in the online application form.

Deadlines to Receive Nominations from Universities

  • Fall semester or whole year stays (starting in September): 30 May
  • Spring semester (starting in February): 31 October

More information:

UV data sheet

List of Academic Coordinators of UV