University of Valencia logo Logo del portal

  • Universitat de València

ADM aquires the Valencian company Biopolis.

logo biopolis

The American group Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), one of the largest US producers of cereals and palm and soybean oils with more than 280 agricultural processing plants worldwide, has acquired 90% of the shares of the Valencian company Biopolis.

The American group Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), one of the largest US producers of cereals and palm and soybean oils with more than 280 agricultural processing plants worldwide, has acquired 90% of the shares of the Valencian company Biopolis.

Biopolis S.L., based in the Parc Científic of the Universitat de València,  is a private company founded in 2003 as a spin-off of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), along with three industrial partners: CAPSA (Corporación Alimentaria Peñasanta), the venture capital group Talde and Naturex Spain S.A.

Biopolis S.L. is a biotechnology company that offers research, development and production services to food, pharmaceutical, chemical and energetic sectors.''

After the purchase, ADM displaces the previous private investors keeping a 90% of the shares, while the remaining 10% will be held by the CSIC. In addition, Daniel Ramón, CSIC researcher and Full Professor on leave of Food Technology at the Universitat de València, will continue as CEO and in charge of the management of the company.

cientifico trabajando

Biopolis S.L. is a biotechnology company that offers research, development and production services to food, pharmaceutical, chemical and energetic sectors. Its main objective is to reach solutions that help at achieving better food, medicines, cosmetics or chemical processes.

This Valencian biotechnology company was the first one in which the CSIC entered the capital with the aim of encouraging and taking advantage of the transfer of knowledge of research to the business world. It is currently in full expansion due to its approach to research, development and production services. 

In order to achieve this, it has a multidisciplinary team of highly qualified personnel with proven experience in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, fermentative process scaling, genetics, chemical engineering, microbiology, nutrition and food technology.

Last update: March 27th, 2017.

 
 
This website uses proprietary and third-party cookies for technical purposes, traffic analysis and to facilitate insertion of content in social networks on user request. If you continue to browse, we consider that you are accepting its use. For more information please consult ourcookies policy