University of Valencia logo Logo Faculty of Philosophy and Educational Sciences Logo del portal

1. What can I do to study as an exchange student at the University of Valencia?

You should first find out whether your home institution has an agreement with our university for your field of studies. Furthermore, you will have to be selected by your university. Please ask your International Relations Office for more information

2. Can I go as a freemover/visiting student?

Currently you cannot apply for a stay as a freemover / visiting student.

3. How can I enrol as an ordinary (not exchange) student?

You can find information about admissions at:

4. I need to know the courses and schedules offered by UV.

Please click here to find the information that is currently available. You can also check this guide that will help you find a lot of details about the courses you are interested in.

5. Can I take courses that I am interested in but are unrelated to my major?

International Programme students must take most of their courses, at least a 50%, within the degree specified by your University, in accordance with our exchange agreement. Students can enrol on courses from other fields of study, as long as the number of vacancies or any other restrictions allow it.

6. Where can I find the course programmes?

The course programmes are posted on the UV webpage:

After clicking on the desired degree, you will have to take the following steps:

Click on "Curriculum" > click on "Check info" for the courses you are interested in > click on "Teaching guide" > a pdf with all the information on the course will emerge

7. I have doubts about credits, subjects to study, etc. Who can answer my academic questions?

According to the degree you will be studying at UV, you will have a UV academic coordinator responsible for that degree and who will be glad to solve your academic doubts. Please click here to find his or her name and e-mail address.

8. How can I know that I have been accepted by the UV?

You will receive an e-mail from the UV indicating you how to process the application. Once your application has been accepted, you will be able to access your Acceptance Letter.

9. Are there any language requirements in order to be accepted at the University ofValencia?

No, certificates are not requested. However, it is advisable for students to have at least a basic level of Spanish before coming to our university, since our classes are taught mainly in Spanish. Catalan (Valencian) can also help. In addition, students are encouraged to take the Spanish intensive course in September before the beginning of classes.

10. Are there any courses held in English?

Yes, there are a few faculties/schools offering courses taught in English language. Please click here to see the offer.

11. Where can I find the academic calendar?

Please check:

12. Does UV accept one-semester exchanges and can I study with you during any of your two semesters?

Yes, you can stay with us during either of our semesters, but before applying at your University for one or the other, please check if the courses you are interested in are 1-semester courses (September-January) or 2nd-semester courses (February-July). There are also annual courses. Click here to see how to find out.

13. Are there any Spanish language courses for exchange students at UV?

If you want to take Spanish language courses, our Language Centre offers a special discount to any International Programme student. You do not need any certificate to get this discount. The International Relations Office will provide the Centre d’Idiomes a list of accepted Erasmus students. Contact:

14. Is there an online application for UV?

Yes. Once your home institution has sent us correctly your nomination as an exchange student, you will get an e-mail with instructions on how to fill in the online application form.

15. I have received an e-mail with instructions on how to fill in the online application form. Which is the deadline to send it?

-Fall semester or Whole year (starting in September): 10th July
-Spring semester (starting in February): 10th December

16. Do I need a visa during my stay in Valencia?

Citizens of any State of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein only require a National Identity Card or valid passport. Students from non-EUcountries do need a visa, which must be arranged before their entrance to Spain. More information:

17. Which is the date of arrival?

Two or three weeks after the nomination deadline, the International Relations Service will send you an e-mail with information about the Reception Day and other relevant dates, requirements or activities. The Reception Day will usually take place on the week before the semester starts.

At the beginning of the session, you will be given your Certificate of Arrival, a temporary student card and a welcome pack. Please note: the date of arrival on the Certificate will be the date of the Reception Day.

18. I am a special needs student because I am disabled / I suffer from a chronic illness. Who can I contact about this?

You can contact our Unit for Integration of People with Disabilities at

Please specify your needs and they will arrange things so that you will be able to study with us as comfortably as possible.

19. How can I get my transcript of records / grades?

The International Relations Office will send it automatically to the International Office of your University.