Student mobility for placements enables students at higher education institutions to spend a placement traineeship/internship) period in an enterprise or organisation in another participating country of the LLP programme.
Benefits for students:
- Work placements provide an excellent opportunity to gain work experience in an international environment
- They enhance your curriculum vitae and employability potential by providing international employment experience
- They develop transferable skills, including communication across cultural boundaries, selfmanagement, independence, confidence, adaptability and develop linguistic skills
Benefits for companies and organizations:
- Getting new perspectives brought by trainees and the contact with institutions
- Exchanging and updating the knowledge and experience of the company
- Adding an international dimension to the company
The following types of organisations are not eligible as host organisations:
- European institutions (such as the European Commission) which have a paid traineeship scheme
- Organisations managing EU programmes (such as National Agencies) in order to avoid possible conflict of interests or dual funding
- National diplomatic representation (embassy/consulate) of the student in the host country.