Submission of applications
The Call for application will be opened from 26 March to 4 September, 2013.
Please, note that there are two application periods:
- Period I: from from 26 March to 27 June, 2013.
- Period II: from from 28 June to 4 September, 2013.
WARNING: If you have issues, please contact our technical services by email at email@example.com. They will contact you as soon as possible.
Important: Pre-registration is aimed to students holding an university degree. Despite this regulation, in first and second period, students, who are still waiting for marks to be incorporated, can apply for access to Master’s studies. In this case, a sworn statement in the application form specifying this situation must be enclosed.
After resolving the first period of pre-registration, the pre-registration process will be stopped in the masters’ programmes without offering available admission vacancies. The list of masters in this situation will be published in this website.
The Master’s degree in Secondary Education Teaching follows a separate admission procedure.
Description of the application process
Students can enter to the “Application Form to Masters' Programmes” , via the ELECTRONIC OFFICE, from any computer with an Internet connection.
Students will have to choose one way to enter in the online application form. There are 3 ways:
- UV previus or current students: Identification with your username and your password provided by the University of Valencia.
- Students without UV identification or coming from other universities: through “OFFICE USER” (create your own user and password) or “Digital Certificate” (Electronic ID or any other compatible electronic certificate Headquarters). Please, see the Guide
Remember: In order to access the contents of the online form, please select a different language in the top right corner of the screen. The browser's pop-ups must be previously unblocked.
Important: You can only send ONE application form. However you can choose up to 3 master’s programs. After finishing the application process, if you need to make any change or attach additional documents, you may do it by using your "My Personal Site" on the Electronic office – ENTREU. The request will be processed by UV (Postgraduate Service) staff, if appropriate.
Important: Request for changing the order of priority of the master’s programs or adding more master’s programs in the submitted application (up to 3 masters programs) are granted only in the following cases:
- Submitted applications within the period I: Request for changes received up to 27 June.
- Submitted applications within the period II: Request for changes received up to 4 September.
After completing all date of the application form, the student must send the form electronically by clicking on the button “Send” inside the tab ”End”. After this sending step, student will get the identifier of the application on the screen. You can obtain a proof of your application by clicking on the button “Obtain document”. A pdf. File will be downloaded. Keep it with you as a proof of your application.
Note: For non-Spanish citizens or non-residents in Spain, in tab «Personal details», fields “Birth Place (Province) , “Birth Place (City)”, “Province of residence” and “City of residence” , please select “Extranjero” (Foreign).
You need to include the following information on the online form:
- All the master’s programs, in Order of your preference, you are interested in (3 maximum). Remember: Select in the application form the preference order from highest to lowest.
- For those master’s programs with several educational pathways or speciality, the pathway or speciality of your interest. If you are interested in several pathways or specialities, select them in the order of your preference (3 maximum).
- For those masters including profiles in the masters description (Academic, Professional, Research, Academic/Research, Applied Academic), please choose the option of your interest. If you have no preference, check “Indifferent”. If the description includes no profiles, do not choose any option.
- The commitment will be full-time as general. Students can request part-time commitment owing to circumstances beyond control, work, illness, etc. In this case, it is necessary to provide supporting documentation.
- Students with disability equal to or over 33%, in order to take reserved place in the disability quota or need adaptation mesures, must indicate this circumstance in the tab “Observations”.
You will find the master’s degree's code, name, pathway and profile in the description of each individual masters. All information is available on the website (see tab “Official Master's Degrees offered”).
Students, holding a degree from a higher education institution outside the EHEA, who are applying for the first time to Masters’ programmes at the UV, must necessarily make electronic payment of the fee (€ 155.22) during the application process. Your application form will not considered until payment is done. See “Additional requirements for foreign degrees”.
The following documentation must be annexed to the application form:
- Copy of DNI (Spanish Identity Card), NIE (Resident Card for Spain) or PASSPORT (foreign citizens).
- Copy of official university degree certificate.
- Copy of official academic certificate (transcript). Those students who have taken official studies at the UV can enclose their academic records and grade point average of UV Virtual Secretariat.
- If appropriate, specific documentation requested for individual master’s degrees (see master's programme description). This documentation, if required, is necessary for the assessment of the records.
- For foreign degrees already accredited by the Spanish Ministry of Education: copy of the document validating the degree.
- For unaccredited foreign degrees which have already been given postgraduate access by the Chancellor of the University of Valencia: copy of the Chancellor's favourable decision.
- In case of requests for part-time commitment, copy of the supporting documentation.
- if you are still waiting for your marks to be incorporated, you must enclose a sworn statement specifying that, once your grades or marks are incorporated, you would have completed the degree leading to the official university qualification that allows you to undertake master studies.
- In case of disability, the student have to provide certification of disability acknowledged by the Regional Disability Evaluation Centre (Assessment Unit of Autonomous Community).
They must be uploaded into the electronic application form.
In the tab “Observations” students can include any commets, if necessary.
The Academic Coordination Commissions (CCA) will evaluate and rate applications against the criteria established for each Master Programme. Access and admission procedures will be concluded by an acceptance in only one Master Program, if appropriate. In addition, if the application contains up to 3 master’s programs, the order of preference will be taken into account when it comes to allocating places. In this way, an admission in the first preference entails rejecting the second and third preferences. If an admission in second or third preference occurs, waiting list will be activated, where appropriate (only if the master has vacancies in the first or second preference).
After the selection is finish, an official list of admitted and rejected applicants and a waiting list will be published. These lists will include the following categories:
- Conditionally admitted: the application meets the general and specific requirements for admission to the master’s degree, but the documentation annexed needs verifying or validating (production of originals and certified photocopies, and apostilled or legalized copies, if applicable).
- Admitted: the application meets the general and specific requirements for admission to the master’s degree.
- Rejected: the application does not meet the general or specific entry requirements.
- Waiting list: the application meets the general and specific requirements for admission to the master’s degree, Students who remain on the waiting list will be called to the formal admission if the corresponding Master has vacancies.
- Incomplete: The application form was received but it did not include enough documents for it to be assessed by the Academic Coordination Commission or otherwise an interview is required.
Note: Applicants on the “waiting list” will be considered for all intents and purposes to be pre-enrolled, and will not therefore need neither to reapply to the Masters, nor to resubmit the corresponding documents.
Disclosure of the admitted and rejected applicants, and the ones in the waiting list:
- 16 July (applications received up to 27 June).
- 17 September (applications received up to 4 September).
At the time of the publication of the list of admitted, rejected and waiting list applicants, the required documents (Certified photocopies, or originals and copies) of applications, marked as “conditionally admitted”, have to be handed in or posted to:
University of Valencia
Av. Blasco Ibáñez 13, Level 0
46010 Valencia – Spain
in the following time periods:
- Period I: from 16 to 30 July 2013.
- Period II: from 17 to 25 September 2013.
Note: applicants holding an unaccredited foreign degree by a non-EHEA (European Higher Education Area) university must submit the certified photocopies of the official university degree and the academic certificate (transcript) apostilled or legalized. See “Additional requirements for foreign degrees”.
Following publication of the list of admitted and rejected applicants, and those on the waiting list, students will be allowed five working days to file an appeal with the corresponding CCA. This appeal, along with any relevant supporting documentation, should be annexed in “My Personal site” in the ELECTRONIC OFFICE - ENTREU.
The University of Valencia will only send acceptance letters to applications with “admitted” status. Students should request it. Acceptance letters for applications as “conditionally admitted” status will not be done.
Nonetheless, any applicants who may need pre-admission letters in order to apply for a grant before the final admission list is published, may request them via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating the application call and period and the certificates required for the grant application.
Following publication of the list of admitted and rejected applicants, and those on the waiting list, the University will contact the “admitted” students by email to inform them about following steps to finally enrol into the master’s program. Furthermore, all information about registration process will be available in the website, tab “Enrolment” from July.
If the students do not formalize the registration during the official registration period, their admission places will not be held.
WARNING: The pre-registration/admission process (submission of papers, telephone enquiries, email…) will be adjourned from 5 to 25 August due to the closing of the University during this period. However, you can still apply online during that period.
For more information or enquiries about these instructions, please contact:
email@example.com Phone num : (+34) 96 398 32 29